This post will be a Gravity Forms review, and at the bottom of this page you can also find how to obtain our special Gravity Forms discount coupon code.
We were looking for the perfect WordPress forms plugin to use on WPwebshop.com for our cashback forms. It should be easy for users to submit their entries, and also easy for us to review them. We stumbled upon Gravity Forms, a premium WordPress plugin that manages all your WordPress form needs. Not only does it allow you to create, edit and manage forms but the flexibility of the plugin permits you to do so much more.
Gravity Forms is the only form management plugin for WordPress you should ever consider using, as it is light years ahead of the most popular form plugins for WordPress like cforms II and Contact Form 7 (which we tried to implement first!). The plugin includes amazing features such as a simple drag ‘n drop interface, email notifications, conditional form fields as well as integrations with some top web apps like MailChimp, Campaign Monitor & Freshbooks.
Unlike some other form plugins, you don’t have to know any programming languages to create and edit your forms. It’s as simple as clicking on whatever you want to add to your forms and naming them. There’s also no need to use any mail service for responses. You can read and reply to form inquiries via it’s own interface in the WordPress dashboard (see image below). It is also possible to send an auto-response to somebody after they fill your form out, and you can pass information like their name to the email to personalize it.
Gravity Forms use
The most basic use of Gravity Forms is the contact form, which almost every WordPress site has or needs. Whatever the reason is for people to get in touch, this plugin makes it easy. But it’s the flexibility of what you can do in terms of contact and support forms that makes even this seemingly ordinary use of forms exciting. You can create any variety of form, collect any array of data, allow for file uploads, set up notifications to route to different email addresses based on rules you define, and place the form on any page or post at the click of a new button that shows in your posting interface. An example of thinking outside the box is the ability to submit guest posts automatically, which is outlined below.
Guest Post BloggingAs you probably know guest blogging is a well know good method of building quality backlinks for content writers and bloggers. The win for the blog owner, the publisher, is additional quality content from other sources. On the other side, it can become a hassle to keep up with the submitted content, to format the content and to post it. With Gravity Forms, you can create a submission page for guest posts that allows guest bloggers to make a post outside of your WordPress admin area. You just create a form which contains all the regular post fields like title, category, body, excerpt and image, and when the form is used by a guest writer the content submission becomes automatically a draft post inside WordPress. You will get instant organization of guest content while it also will reduce the normal workload which is normally involved with accepting guest posts.
Using the exact same functions that allow you to accept guest posts, you can allow user-generated content on your site that goes way beyond comments. You can build for example a Q&A site, a review site, a job board or a wiki-style website simply using WordPress. If you run a contest on your website you can create a form which let people only submit entries for the duration of the contest. If you’re only allowing a limited number of submissions you can set the form to expire after X people have replied. As you can see there are a lot of possibilities with Gravity Forms, check out all the long list of all features below, or scroll down to watch the video or to play with the live demo!
Gravity Forms Features
- Allow Users to Automatically Create a Post: Let your users help with data entry. When added to a form, the Post Fields create a post when the form is submitted. Great for user submitted stories, job postings, directories, etc.
- Bulk Add and Predefined Choices: Quickly and easily populate checkboxes, drop downs and radio button fields with predefined lists of values such as months, countries, states etc. You can also bulk add your own options.
- Conditional Form Fields: You can show or hide a field or entire sections of the form based on a value selected in another field.
- Create Auto-responder Emails to Users: Send automatic emails to users in response to a submission. Add any form field content to your message to create professional and personalized messages.
- Dynamic Field Population: Populate form fields dynamically by passing data to the field using shortcode, querystring, function or hooks. This makes pre-populating data easy and fast!
- Easily Embed a Form into Posts & Pages: The easy to use Embed Form tool will help you in creating the correct shortcode to be added to your post or page content.
- Easily Export Form Entry Data to CSV Format:Easily export all or part of your entries to CSV. The export tool makes it a breeze to export only the fields that are needed.
- Easily Pass Data To Confirmation Page: You can pass form data to your confirmation redirect page for integration with 3rd party services. It’s as easy as selecting your redirect and using the query string builder.
- Email Notification Routing: You can set up notifications to route to different email addresses based on rules that you define. Use one form to route form submissions to sales, marketing, customer service department.
- Enhanced Address Field: Choose from US, Canadian or international address types, set the default state, province or country and toggle field visibility.
- Enhanced Notification Formatting: Option added to email notifications to disable auto-formatting of paragraphs. This option gives you complete control of the email formatting using HTML.
- Enhanced Post Custom Fields: Post custom fields let’s you choose from various field types, like website, email, drop down lists, multiple choice, hidden fields and more.
- Form Scheduling: You have a form that you only want made available during a certain time period? Form Scheduling allows you to define a start date and end date for your form.
- Import/Export Forms: You can build your forms, export them as backups or import them to use on other websites.
- Inline HTML Content: Inline HTML content blocks for your forms, which includes imagery, textual content, scripts or whatever you would like to enhance your forms.
- Integrate with Other Plugins Using Hooks: Developers can extend Gravity Forms or integrate it with other plugins by using the available hooks and filters.
- Limit Form Entries: Are you running a contest and you only want the first 50 people to be able to submit an entry? With Gravity Forms you can limit the number of entries a form can receive.
- Manage Entries from the WordPress Admin Panel: Search, edit, delete and keep track of all entries from the Entries page in your WordPress administration panel.
- Post Category Field: Easy to select the post category when creating a post via a user submitted form. You have complete control of which categories are available.
- Post Image Field: Easy to upload an image when creating a post via a user submitted form. Perfect for directory sites, user submitted articles etc.
- Prevent Spam with Built-In reCAPTCHA Protection: The reCAPTCHA field will shield you from spam by preventing from submissions from automated scripts. You will also be helping in digitizing books for online use.
- Respond To Entries From WordPress: You want to respond to your entries right from Gravity Forms? Now you can view, manage and respond to entries right from WordPress!
- Role Management Integration: Compatible with Justin Tadlock’s Members plugin for role management. You will have granular control over what users can and can’t do within Gravity Forms.
- Validation for Multiple Forms: Multiple forms on the same page will validate as XHTML 1.0 transitional.
- View Entry Summaries from the WordPress Dashboard: The Dashboard Widget gives you a quick summary of our entries. It displays the number of unread entries for each form to help you stay on top of things.
- Visually Create Forms: The visual form editor enables people with no HTML skills to create complex forms in minutes. Just add fields, choose field options, and drag them into the desired position.
Gravity Forms Video and Real Live Demo
Below you will find a demo about Gravity Forms which will show you it’s options and use :
If you want to play with a real live demo of Gravity Forms click here, and don’t forget to watch the demo video above as there is no better forms plugin available than this one !
Use of Gravity Forms at WPwebshop.com
We at WPwebshop actually USE Gravity Forms. Check out the some examples, our standard contact form, webmasters contact form or the rebate contact form. In the future we plan to use this plugin also for user submitted testimonials and product reviews.
Pricing and Discount
The Gravity Forms plugin is standard priced at $39 per Single Site Support License, $99 for the Multi Site Support License (up to 5 websites), and $199 for the Developer Support License (unlimited sites). With the developer license you can also use free add-ons like Campaign Monitor Integration, MailChimp Integration and FreshBooks Integration. All licenses come with automatic upgrades and free online support.